en Select a Language

we will do it together


Our Team

How We

Sponsoring a family is the most popular way for people to obtain an immigrant visa or green card in the U.S. Our Law Firm will assist you if you have an eligible relative for whom you wish to receive a family-based visa.

helping you in court

Family-Based Visas

The Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) distinguishes family-based immigrant visas into two categories. Immediate relative visas are for immigrants with immediate family ties, and the government does not set a cap on the number of people who may apply per fiscal year (unlimited). The “Family Preference Immigrant” visa is the second category of visas, and these visas are “restricted” or “capped” to a limited number each year.

This does not imply that the procedure will be simple or swift, and it is strongly recommended that you seek the advice of our expert attorney in any immigration matter.


Who are considered as Immediate Relatives?

  • U.S. citizen’s spouse
  • Adult (above 21 years of age) U.S. citizen’s parent.  
  • An orphan who was adopted abroad by a U.S. citizen
  • Children of a U.S. citizen who aren’t married
  • An orphan whose adoption by a U.S. citizen is pending

Who is a Family Preference Immigrant?

  • Family First Preference (F1): U.S. citizens’ unmarried sons and daughters, as well as their minor children if appropriate.
  • Spouses, minor children, and adult unmarried sons and daughters of legal permanent residents have a second preference (F2).
  • Married sons and daughters of US citizens, as well as their partners and minor children, receive Family Third Preference (F3).
  • Family Fourth Preference (F4): Adult U.S. citizens’ brothers and sisters, as well as their partners and minor children

Grandparents, uncles, aunts, cousins, and in-laws are unable to sponsor family members for immigration.

plan of action

Immigration Law Cases We Handle

Getting a Green Card

You must file a petition with the Department of Homeland Security to sponsor your relative to legalize his or her status in the United States. You must show that your marriage is bona fide (i.e., not entered into to evade US immigration laws) and that you are a qualified petitioner for spousal petitions

Fiance Visas

Citizens of the United States who want to bring their future husbands or wives to the United States for marriage may apply for a Fiancee Visa, also known as a K-1 visa, which can be obtained by the fiance (e) at a US embassy or consulate abroad until approved. Minor children of a fiance (e) are eligible for K-2 visas and may accompany him. Within 90 days of the prospective spouse’s entrance into the United States, the two must marry.

Contact our Immigration Lawyers

Our immigration lawyers are committed to providing reliable and consistent legal services to families of all races, ethnic backgrounds, and genders. Please contact our law firm right away to discuss your family-based visa situation.